In recent months, I was in a tremendous slump. I felt disconnected from my God, from life, from others. I became so angry that I began yelling at everyone in my house, including my children. My home became increasingly messy because I didn’t have the energy to clean up regularly. My grades took a nose dive and I barely passed my classes. My husband and I were in a constant state of disagreement, that I was contemplating divorce. I had lost control and I felt completely defeated. One day in bed, I was watching videos on YouTube and came across a series of videos that truly helped me. While watching these videos I realized I could change my situation if I re-framed what I believed.
When I began to examine my beliefs, I realized I had some very self-defeating thoughts that lead to self-defeating behaviors. I learned that many of my negative beliefs stemmed from my childhood, and those feelings that I felt had to be recognized and dealt with in order for me to begin healing. Once I realized my past, and took responsibility for the role I played in continuing the cycle, I then had to recreate my beliefs to reflect what I want to manifest in my life.
If your life isn’t what you’d like it to be, then you should examine your belief system. I guarantee that is the source of your dismay. Your thoughts are based on a underlying belief system that ultimately drives your behavior. For example, If you’re dating or married to someone that mistreats you, then you probably believe you’re not worthy of love and respect. This belief probably stems from your childhood, and was made manifest in your adult life. Here’s the kicker. Your thoughts will support your beliefs. You attract what you believe. Whatever you’re struggling with in your life, you should reflect on what you believe about yourself.
If your life sucks then your beliefs do too. If you positively change your thoughts your life will change positively.
Affirmations: I am capable
I am able to change my beliefs
I am able to make a change
I have the power to move mountains
Pray, meditate, then take action.
Here’s to living essentially,
Is your belief system serving you in a fulfilling way? Tell your story.
Here’s another video that may be helpful. It was helpful for me.
I am going through a metamorphosis, and this blog is as well. Change is good! Here’s why I felt this blog needed some tweaking.
I’m working to make things better in my life, and I wanted this blog to reflect that as well. Including the first set of changes, more is coming this June and I’m excited! Here are some of the changes you will see in the ensuing blog posts.
- I’ve changed the categories. The old categories were confusing to me, so I figured they had to be confusing to others. Instead of twenty categories, there are just 5 main categories with five subcategories. This makes categorizing easier for me, and easier for readers to find the content they are looking for. I will add more categories, but I promise to keep them uncomplicated.
- The weekly posting date will change from Thursday to Friday. This blog’s readers read most of the content on Friday, so it seemed natural to change the day. Plus it allows for implementation of the blog post over the weekend. Planning is key. I will also post during the week. So keep your eyes open!
- You’ll notice affirmations at the end of the blog posts. This way we can use the affirmations to implement what we want to effectuate in our lives.
- I’ll encourage feedback. I want you to share your stories. I don’t have all the answers, so I’m open to read what others think. Of course, we won’t agree on everything, but a great conversation can broaden our perspectives and ultimately make us all better. “So don’t be shy. Leave a Reply”
- As “The E/O Chick”, you will see more information about essential oils, their many uses and benefits. Since I have been introduced to essential oils, my life and my family’s life have changed tremendously. I’m also actively looking for individuals that not only want to improve their health, but also want to build a viable business. You can create the life of your dreams here.
So those are just some of the changes you’ll see in this blog. I hope you’ll enjoy the changes, and get more from this blog. That’s my hope and intention.
I told you change is good!
Now here are four ways you can make a positive change in your life.
- Make the decision to change. No one change the outcomes you experience in your life except you.
- Create a plan that supports the change you’re seeking. There are various steps to reach a goal. Understand there will be setbacks. Learn from the lessons you’ve learned. Tweak the plan. Move on.
- Celebrate your changes. Celebrate your victories. This will get you to begin to focus on the positive.
“All changes in my life are positive an empowering”
“Change helps me grow”
“Change energizes me”
You will find these great affirmations and more at Affirm Your Life.
Pray, meditate, take action
Here’s to living essentially.
Jae, “The E/O Chick”